16-19 Bursary Fund
The 16-19 Bursary Fund consists of two different types, and students are able to apply for one or other of the bursaries according to their financial circumstances. Only students who are eligible should apply.
Type 1 : Vulnerable Bursary
A fund of £1,200 per annum for students in the following categories:
- Young people who are 16-19 years, living independently and claiming Income Support or Universal Credit
- Young people who are looked after by the Local Authority
- Young people who are Care Leavers i.e. are no longer looked after by the Local Authority
- Young people who are 16-19 years, a parent and receiving Income Support or Universal Credit
- Young people who are 16-19 years and receive Income Support or Universal Credit for any reason
Type 2: Discretionary Bursary
A Discretionary Bursary for students who are in a situation of particular financial hardship which is preventing them from making the required progress. The amount of funding allocated to the individual student will depend upon the individual financial circumstances of the student and the number of students who have access to the fund.
For further guidance about the 16-19 Bursary Fund including the application form can be found in the links below.
Should you require any further assistance, please contact Mrs Duffy (Chief Finance Officer) or speak with Mr Dainty (Assistant Principal and Director of Sixth Form).
EA Draft 16-19 Bursary Fund Policy 2018-19
EA Bursary - Explanatory letter to students
EA Bursary - Application Form
EA Bursary - Financial Assessment form