The VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy (VRQ) is a Technical Award specifically for 14-16 year olds. Included for 2017 Performance Tables (equivalence to 1 GCSE at A* to C).
This qualification aims to support young people to:
- develop a broad an understanding and knowledge of the hair and beauty sector
- develop academic study and transferable skills that will support progression within the hair and beauty sector and more broadly
The students will work in practical salons and develop creative skills through practical activities as well as theory activities and formal tests too. The skills will enable them to progress on to a Hair & Beauty or make-up course from 16 years at college full time.
What will learners study as part of this qualification?
This qualification includes two mandatory units that can be applied to any sector or vocational area. In this qualification, learners will use hairdressing and beauty therapy and related industries (i.e. retail, leisure, fashion, marketing, media, business) to develop themselves and, in particular, the skills and attributes prized by employers, further education colleges and higher education institutions. The units that make up this qualification include:
- Understanding the hair and beauty sector
- Hair and beauty research project
- Business enterprise in hair and
- Marketing and promotions in hair and beauty
- Hair and beauty science
- Responding to a hair and beauty design
The Elizabethan Academy Trust is an exempt charity and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England with Company Number 7964360 and has a registered office at Hallcroft Road, Retford, Notts. DN22 7PY